Saturday, January 9, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Well this is my first official post of 2010, and I am excited for the new year! It's a fresh start and a new chapter to our lives. We had a wonderful Christmas with our families. Dan's parents visited us Christmas morning and we had Christmas dinner with my family. We decided to celebrate New Year's up in Kamas. On New Year's Eve, Dan, his dad Paul, and I took a snowmobile ride up Hoyts Peak. It was absolutely gorgeous! The sun was shining and there was a fresh blanket of powder covering the mountains. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day for snowmobiling. It was a great kick off to a new year!



Like I said, it was absolutely beautiful, a complete Winter Wonderland.









Dan and Paul enjoying the winter air.










Dan the man.





Here I am, my face was squished because my helmet was so tight.











We love Kamas!





If you can't tell, that's me. I feel so miniature and weak when riding these heavy sleds, but they are fun. It's a good upper body workout.















That's Dan playing in the snow.





Doing what he loves best, snowmobiling!




Dan rolling the snowmobile after a sharp turn.




The man in action!




Attempt #2 on the snowmobile.





Here he goes...




...and rolls the sled yet again.
If you look closely, you can see his helmet in the powder, pretty cool eh?




Dan signaling to us that he is ok. Thank goodness for soft snow.





Paul watching Dan dig his snowmobile out of the knee deep powder. I should have helped him but I was having more fun taking pictures.



















My favorite picture, I love the snowmobile tracks in the snow.




All in all, it was a good day.

3 comments:

Angela and Jim said...

Way cute pictures, the snow looks so nice. I want to get up there again next time it snows. I'm so excited to have you guys so close so we can do stuff while the boys are playing their game :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren! So glad you found us! It has been SOOOOO LONG since we have seen each other! Congrats on getting married...marriage is the BEST, huh??

You guys are super cute and it looks like you are having tons of fun!!!

Jeni said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad you updated! I love seeing what you are up to!