Thursday, February 9, 2012

Introducing...

TALMAGE WARREN HIRST

Born: Thursday, December 22, 2011
at 3:47am
7 lbs, 11.6 ounces, 20 inches long

This old news may come as a shock to some of you.
It's my fault for not blogging for a year and a half.
But better late than never, right??

As for the "Birth Story"...
My due date was December 26th.
I went in for a regular check up on Wednesday, December 21st.
No contractions yet.
I sarcastically mentioned to the nurse that it would be really nice to have the baby before Christmas. Early Christmas gift, right? And who wants to have their birthday on Christmas?

She tells my doctor who looks at me and says...
"Hmmm...well I can call the hospital to see if they have any beds available so you can be induced.
Do you want to have this baby tonight?"

WHAT????

My jaw dropped. My eyes popped out of my head. I nearly passed out. Literally.

Well that's a loaded question.

All I said was, "Can I make a quick phone call first?"

I frantically called Dan who was out to lunch with a friend. After giving him the low down, he too was shocked. I wasn't ready for this. I couldn't be alone. So I put the petal to the metal and drove as fast as I could to meet Dan at work.

I was scared out of my mind!! Labor freaked me out anyway.
Do I wait until my due date? Do I let my body go into labor on it's own? Should I be induced? What if something went wrong?

All of these questions raced through my brain. As soon as I met up with Dan, we looked at every option we had. Whatever we chose, we knew we were in this together.

After many tears and a few hyperventilation episodes, we decided to have our baby that night.
Let me tell you, that was the toughest decision of my life!! But I am SO glad we did it!
Talmage was worth it!

AND...we got to be home for Christmas as a new family.
Best Christmas gift EVER.


Last preggo pic before we left for the hospital




Talmage with Grandma Bonnie & Grandpa PJ


3 Generations!


Baby T with his favorite Aunts!


First Grandbaby for the Lovin family!








Talmage with Uncle Ethan


Our little family


On our way home from the hospital







We can't get enough of this little guy!
We love him so much. He is such a joy in our lives.
Like I said...he was totally worth it!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! I was surprised to hear from my mom that you had had him. Talmage is such a cute and handsome little guy! I am excited to see more pictures of him!

Jonny and Haley said...

Such a darling baby! Congrats!

Brittney Engel said...

Lauren!! I can't believe you had a baby! I am so happy for you and your little family! I hope everything is still going well and I'm sure you are a fabulous mother! keep blogging so I can see lots of pictures of your little guy!

Four Seasons Finds said...

Lauren!!! He is SO adorable!! I saw your mom at the school the other day and she told me he is just the cutest thing ever and that she doesn't get to see him enough - I can relate! WHEN can we meet up and see the little guy? Seriously, we need to come up and see him. How scary to all the sudden be able to choose when you're having him - I probably would have hyperventilated too! You and Dan look like naturals :)

Dasha said...

Congratulations Lauren! I had no idea you had a baby! What a fun Christmas gift for you guys.

Sorensen's said...

YOU HAD A BABY!!!! Oh my gosh, congrats! Do not take another blogging sabbatical please :) Your little talmage is SO cute! Keep us all posted on your life :)